What is a Committee Letter?
The WVU Pre-Health Office and WVU Pre-Health Committee prepares Committee Letters of Evaluation for students who are applying to health professional schools, including medical (allopathic or osteopathic), dental, optometry, and podiatry schools. Research your professional programs to determine if a Committee Letter of Evaluation is preferred or required. Although most professional programs do not require a Committee Letter, it is highly recommended for some. Therefore, obtaining a Committee Letter remains optional for the student.
The Committee Letter process at WVU consists of completing an application, obtaining individual letter of recommendation, and participating in a Pre-Health Committee interview. The WVU Pre-Health office submits the committee letter with the supporting individual letters of reference appended.
If you received a WVU Pre-Health Committee Letter in the past, you are still required to complete the entire process anew including requesting new individual letters of recommendation from the same or new letter writers.
Key Dates for the 2018 Committee Letter ProcessMarch 1st: Information session
March 1s t: Application opens
April 9th: Priority application submission deadline - submit by this date if you would like feedback on your application
May 1st: Application submission deadline
Committee Letter Instructions
- Occupational Therapy Virtual Education Fair- September 19 from 10 am to 7 pm
- Pre-Med/Pre-Health Wilderness & Emergency Medicine Course in Colorado- Scholarship Deadline September 30
- Altius MCAT Test Prep and More- WVU Students Eligible for $1000+ Scholarships- Deadline September 30
- University of Maryland School of Pharmacy Online Information Session- September 20, 1-2 pm
- Lincoln Memorial University-DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM) Open House- October 20
If you are an academic advisor to a student interested in pursuing a healthcare profession, this toolkit is here to assist you in answering questions and getting them on the right track.View Toolkit
Subscribe to our mailing list
Sign up for the Pre-Health Newsletter to be notified of important news and deadlines.
* indicates required