Metrics are your grade point average (GPA) and entrance exam scores. Performance in your coursework and entrance exams are strong predictors of success in graduate professional programs.
Some programs will focus on your overall GPA or discipline specific GPA, for example biology, chemistry, physics and sometimes math as well. Most professional programs require an entrance exam, such as the GRE, PCAT, OAT, DAT, MCAT, etc., these are offered at various times throughout the year and are specific to each type of exam.
Research the required and recommended coursework for programs that interest you. Know which exams are required for all schools you plan to apply. Know the general schedule for these exams.
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine visiting WVU April 20th
- Plan on applying to dental school? Participate in ASDA DAT week, April 17-21
- Scribe opportunity for students at WVU
- Open House: Rowan Univ. School of Osteopathic Medicine in New Jersey
- Osteopathic Med Recruitment Event: 4-26-17 in Baltimore
If you are an academic advisor to a student interested in pursuing a healthcare profession, this toolkit is here to assist you in answering questions and getting them on the right track.View Toolkit
Subscribe to our mailing list
Sign up for the Pre-Health Newsletter to be notified of important news and deadlines.
* indicates required