The best way to prepare yourself is to research specific programs you are interested in pursuing early. Visit the websites of the health professions societies to gain insight into the profession and resources to prepare yourself to be a successful applicant. Know the requirements early to reduce stress when applying and build your credentials to be a competitive applicant.
We recommend that everyone start by creating an action plan. Use this as a guide for your research and preparation. Plan out exactly when you will complete courses, entrance exams, and other experiences.
Use the information and resources in this section to help create your action plan.
If you've already started preparing and want to know where you stand, complete this self-assessment.
- Occupational Therapy Virtual Education Fair- September 19 from 10 am to 7 pm
- Pre-Med/Pre-Health Wilderness & Emergency Medicine Course in Colorado- Scholarship Deadline September 30
- Altius MCAT Test Prep and More- WVU Students Eligible for $1000+ Scholarships- Deadline September 30
- University of Maryland School of Pharmacy Online Information Session- September 20, 1-2 pm
- Lincoln Memorial University-DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM) Open House- October 20
If you are an academic advisor to a student interested in pursuing a healthcare profession, this toolkit is here to assist you in answering questions and getting them on the right track.View Toolkit
Subscribe to our mailing list
Sign up for the Pre-Health Newsletter to be notified of important news and deadlines.
* indicates required