The best way to prepare yourself is to research specific programs you are interested in pursuing early. Visit the websites of the health professions societies to gain insight into the profession and resources to prepare yourself to be a successful applicant. Know the requirements early to reduce stress when applying and build your credentials to be a competitive applicant.
We recommend that everyone start by creating an action plan. Use this as a guide for your research and preparation. Plan out exactly when you will complete courses, entrance exams, and other experiences.
Use the information and resources in this section to help create your action plan.
If you've already started preparing and want to know where you stand, complete this self-assessment.
- West Virginia Rural Health Conference- October 9-11 in Huntington
- Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) in Pittsburgh Seeking Summer Camp Volunteers
- Online Personal Statement Workshop- March 25, 8-9 pm
- Choose DO Medical School Expo in Washington, DC- April 11, 5-9:30 pm
- Physician Assistant Virtual Fair- April 9
If you are an academic advisor to a student interested in pursuing a healthcare profession, this toolkit is here to assist you in answering questions and getting them on the right track.View Toolkit
Subscribe to our mailing list
Sign up for the Pre-Health Newsletter to be notified of important news and deadlines.
* indicates required