The best way to prepare yourself is to research specific programs you are interested in pursuing early. Visit the websites of the health professions societies to gain insight into the profession and resources to prepare yourself to be a successful applicant. Know the requirements early to reduce stress when applying and build your credentials to be a competitive applicant.
We recommend that everyone start by creating an action plan. Use this as a guide for your research and preparation. Plan out exactly when you will complete courses, entrance exams, and other experiences.
Use the information and resources in this section to help create your action plan.
- WVU Medical School Open House hosted by the MD Admissions Team and Med Coach
- The University of Louisville School of Medicine Admissions Twitter Chat- October 13 from 12-1 PM
- Lipscomb University School of Physician Assistant Studies Open House
- GPA Calculator for Students Interested in Health Professional School
- Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine Open House- November 18, 2017
If you are an academic advisor to a student interested in pursuing a healthcare profession, this toolkit is here to assist you in answering questions and getting them on the right track.View Toolkit
Subscribe to our mailing list
Sign up for the Pre-Health Newsletter to be notified of important news and deadlines.
* indicates required