Metrics are your grade point average (GPA) and entrance exam scores. Performance in your coursework and entrance exams are strong predictors of success in graduate professional programs.
Some programs will focus on your overall GPA or discipline specific GPA, for example biology, chemistry, physics and sometimes math as well. Most professional programs require an entrance exam, such as the GRE, PCAT, OAT, DAT, MCAT, etc., these are offered at various times throughout the year and are specific to each type of exam.
Research the required and recommended coursework for programs that interest you. Know which exams are required for all schools you plan to apply. Know the general schedule for these exams.
- Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship- Deadline February 16, 2018
- Summer Pharmacy Institute at UIC College at Rockford June 4-8, 2018
- Early Pathway MD Program Webinar - Tuesday, Dec. 12, from 5:00pm to 6:00pm
- 2018 Gateways to the Laboratory Summer Program- Deadline February 1, 2018
- World’s AIDS Day at WVU- December 1, 2017
If you are an academic advisor to a student interested in pursuing a healthcare profession, this toolkit is here to assist you in answering questions and getting them on the right track.View Toolkit
Subscribe to our mailing list
Sign up for the Pre-Health Newsletter to be notified of important news and deadlines.
* indicates required