Metrics are your grade point average (GPA) and entrance exam scores. Performance in your coursework and entrance exams are strong predictors of success in graduate professional programs.
Some programs will focus on your overall GPA or discipline specific GPA, for example biology, chemistry, physics and sometimes math as well. Most professional programs require an entrance exam, such as the GRE, PCAT, OAT, DAT, MCAT, etc., these are offered at various times throughout the year and are specific to each type of exam.
Research the required and recommended coursework for programs that interest you. Know which exams are required for all schools you plan to apply. Know the general schedule for these exams.
For more information on how to keep track of your GPA, check out our GPA Calculator!
- 2023 Pre-Health Application Prep Program
- Spring 2023 Pre-Health Workshop Schedule
- American Physician Scientist Association Interactive Session - Feb 17
- Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences - Undergraduate Summer Internship
- "Black Men in White Coats" Documentary Viewing and Discussion NEW DATE - Thurs Mar 23
If you are an academic advisor to a student interested in pursuing a healthcare profession, this toolkit is here to assist you in answering questions and getting them on the right track.View Toolkit
Subscribe to our mailing list
Sign up for the Pre-Health Newsletter to be notified of important news and deadlines.
* indicates required