Selecting a Major
One of the most common questions is, "What major do I choose to be a competitive applicant?" The answer, select a major that you are passionate about. You are more likely to succeed in coursework that excites you.
There are often times required courses and an entrance exam you must to take to gain acceptance into a program. Do your research early and create an action plan that will allow you to incorporate these into your major.
If you aren't sure which specific professional program you want to attend, a good place to start is with those that will grant you in-state tuition rates either through residency or contract.
- Occupational Therapy Virtual Education Fair- September 19 from 10 am to 7 pm
- Pre-Med/Pre-Health Wilderness & Emergency Medicine Course in Colorado- Scholarship Deadline September 30
- Altius MCAT Test Prep and More- WVU Students Eligible for $1000+ Scholarships- Deadline September 30
- University of Maryland School of Pharmacy Online Information Session- September 20, 1-2 pm
- Lincoln Memorial University-DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM) Open House- October 20
If you are an academic advisor to a student interested in pursuing a healthcare profession, this toolkit is here to assist you in answering questions and getting them on the right track.View Toolkit
Subscribe to our mailing list
Sign up for the Pre-Health Newsletter to be notified of important news and deadlines.
* indicates required