Selecting a Major
One of the most common questions is, "What major do I choose to be a competitive applicant?" The answer, select a major that you are passionate about. You are more likely to succeed in coursework that excites you.
There are often times required courses and an entrance exam you must to take to gain acceptance into a program. Do your research early and create an action plan that will allow you to incorporate these into your major. Although not required, many Pre-Health students at WVU choose a major that incorporates these prerequisite courses into the major requirements. You can view all the healthcare pathway majors here.
If you aren't sure which specific professional program you want to attend, a good place to start is with those that will grant you in-state tuition rates either through residency or contract.
- Accepted to Medical School? Learn about financial aid through AAMC
- Culinary Medicine & Tuscany Cultural Immersion- Application Deadline November 8
- Pre-Health Fall 2018 Seminar Schedule
- Southern College of Optometry Information Session- October 23
- Master of Science in Health Sciences at WVU
If you are an academic advisor to a student interested in pursuing a healthcare profession, this toolkit is here to assist you in answering questions and getting them on the right track.View Toolkit
Subscribe to our mailing list
Sign up for the Pre-Health Newsletter to be notified of important news and deadlines.
* indicates required