Selecting a Major
One of the most common questions is, "What major do I choose to be a competitive applicant?" The answer, select a major that you are passionate about. You are more likely to succeed in coursework that excites you.
There are often times required courses and an entrance exam you must to take to gain acceptance into a program. Do your research early and create an action plan that will allow you to incorporate these into your major.
If you aren't sure which specific professional program you want to attend, a good place to start is with those that will grant you in-state tuition rates either through residency or contract.
- WVU Medical School Open House hosted by the MD Admissions Team and Med Coach
- The University of Louisville School of Medicine Admissions Twitter Chat- October 13 from 12-1 PM
- Lipscomb University School of Physician Assistant Studies Open House
- GPA Calculator for Students Interested in Health Professional School
- Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine Open House- November 18, 2017
If you are an academic advisor to a student interested in pursuing a healthcare profession, this toolkit is here to assist you in answering questions and getting them on the right track.View Toolkit
Subscribe to our mailing list
Sign up for the Pre-Health Newsletter to be notified of important news and deadlines.
* indicates required