Selecting a Major
One of the most common questions is, "What major do I choose to be a competitive applicant?" The answer, select a major that you are passionate about. You are more likely to succeed in coursework that excites you.
There are often times required courses and an entrance exam you must to take to gain acceptance into a program. Do your research early and create an action plan that will allow you to incorporate these into your major.
If you aren't sure which specific professional program you want to attend, a good place to start is with those that will grant you in-state tuition rates either through residency or contract.
- JCPenney Suit-Up Event- Sunday, January 21 from 6:30 to 9:30 PM
- Altius Test Prep, Discounted Prices for MCAT Test Prep- Valid through January 30, 2018
- Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) program- Deadline February 1, 2018
- University of Pittsburgh School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences Virtual Open House- January 29 - February 2, 2018.
- MCAT Registration Opening- February 7, 2018
If you are an academic advisor to a student interested in pursuing a healthcare profession, this toolkit is here to assist you in answering questions and getting them on the right track.View Toolkit
Subscribe to our mailing list
Sign up for the Pre-Health Newsletter to be notified of important news and deadlines.
* indicates required