Selecting a Major
One of the most common questions is, "What major do I choose to be a competitive applicant?" The answer, select a major that you are passionate about. You are more likely to succeed in coursework that excites you.
There are often times required courses and an entrance exam you must to take to gain acceptance into a program. Do your research early and create an action plan that will allow you to incorporate these into your major. Although not required, many Pre-Health students at WVU choose a major that incorporates these prerequisite courses into the major requirements. You can view all the healthcare pathway majors here.
If you aren't sure which specific professional program you want to attend, a good place to start is with those that will grant you in-state tuition rates either through residency or contract.
- Need Volunteer Hours? Ultrasound Competition- March 26, 5-8 pm
- Introduction to Global Health in Ecuador
- AAMC Virtual Medical School Fair- February 21 from 11am to 8pm
- School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences Virtual Open House- February 18-22
- American Dental Education Association Application 'Soft Launch'- May 14
If you are an academic advisor to a student interested in pursuing a healthcare profession, this toolkit is here to assist you in answering questions and getting them on the right track.View Toolkit
Subscribe to our mailing list
Sign up for the Pre-Health Newsletter to be notified of important news and deadlines.
* indicates required