Letter Writer Toolbox
Tips for writing a letter of evaluation
Check out the document below for guidance on writing letters. The document is written specifically for medical students. However, the same general principles can be applied to all health professions.https://www.aamc.org/download/349990/data/lettersguidelinesbrochure.pdf
Faint praise can be harmful to the applicant. Therefore, if you are not comfortable
writing the letter, respectfully decline.
Typically, admissions committees require the letter be dated, signed, and on official
Please be certain to spell the student's name correctly and provide the student's
full name within the first paragraph of the letter. Use the appropriate gender
pronoun throughout the letter for the student.
Please note for which health professional school (e.g. medical, dental, optometry,
etc.) that the student is applying and make sure you have indicated it correctly
within the letter.
- Discover Optometry Southern College of Optometry Open House- March 24, 2018
- Virtual Podiatric Medical School Fair on February 7, 11 am to 6 pm
- 2018 Dean of Medical Education's Academy for Research, Clinical, and Health Equity Scholarship (ARCHES) Program- Deadline February 5, 2018
- Choosing the Right Dental School Webinar- February 6, 7-8:30 pm
- AAMC Virtual Medical School Fair- February 15, 11am-8pm
If you are an academic advisor to a student interested in pursuing a healthcare profession, this toolkit is here to assist you in answering questions and getting them on the right track.View Toolkit
Subscribe to our mailing list
Sign up for the Pre-Health Newsletter to be notified of important news and deadlines.
* indicates required